My garden just happens to be overflowing with tomatoes right now….so it’s time for my favorite homemade salsa! Super easy to prep the veggies and let it simmer in the slow cooker for a few hours. Once it’s blended, it’s ready to enjoy!
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Roughly slice tomatoes and onion. Place tomatoes, garlic and onion in slow cooker.
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds if a milder salsa is desired. Place jalapenos in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until vegetables are softened (some may brown slightly); cool.
- In a blender, combine the tomato mixture, cilantro and, if desired, salt; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate leftovers.