This recipe from Half Baked Harvest is going to kick up your “Salsa Chicken in the Crockpot” game. Salsa chicken has been a staple in our house for years. It’s just so easy and versatile. I needed a twist on this and came across this recipe. I think next time I’ll add another dimension by adding black beans too.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- corn or flour tortillas, queso fresco, and sliced avocado, for serving
In the bowl of your instant pot, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, chipotle chile peppers, pineapple juice, pineapple, and poblano pepper. Cover and cook on high pressure/manual for 20-25 minutes. Once done cooking, use the natural or quick release function and release the steam. Shred the chicken using two forks.
2. Stuff the chicken into the warmed taco shells and top with salsa, cheese, and avocado. Enjoy!
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
In the bowl of your crockpot, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, chipotle chile peppers, pineapple juice, pineapple, and poblano pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours. Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks. Finish as directed above.