Oodles of Noodles (aka Top Ramen) was one of the first meals I remember cooking on my own when I was a kid! I made this recipe from Pib and Ebby this past weekend that reminded me of it. It has a little more prep time and cook time than the original meal I made back in the day, but still took less than 30 mins to whip up. And….who doesn’t think slurping up long noodles is so fun!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-oz. package mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 48 oz. chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 packages Ramen noodles
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms, broccoli, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until veggies are fragrant and begin to get soft.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken and Ramen noodles and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through. Serves 4.